Sunday, July 10, 2011

Jeanette Chupack


Jeanette Chupack
Bid for a Commission!*
acrylic on canvas
33"x45" (max. size)

Value: $5,000

*Image is representative of the artist's work only. The winning bidder will work with the artist to create a one-of-a-kind original painting. The subject of the windowscape/still life may be of the bidder's choosing and a series of sketches will be created by the artist during the collaboration.

Artist Statement:
"I like to think of my work as being firmly rooted in the American Realist tradition. Some of my favorite artists include Edward Hopper, Winslow Homer and Charles Sheeler. Going back in time, the early Flemish painters such as Van Eyck and the painters of the German Renaissance such as Durer have deep roots in my artistic background as well. My paintings are most successful for me when the composition of the painting, its color, and its light come together to create the mood I have in mind.

In my ‘signature’ paintings I have placed an emphasis on gardens and views from windows, usually with a related still life in the foreground. This has led also to a series of paintings of gardens by the sea, and windows by the sea. It also allows me to express the contrasts of a cultivated world of gardens, interiors and architecture with the natural landscape."

Jeanette Chupack is a beloved Vermont artist, who now resides in Florida. Her paintings can be found in corporate and private collections across the country.

No comments:

Post a Comment